[Prev][Next][Index]

What's a wind tamer screen?

I agree with Bob Carlson, with one exception. The Wind Tamer's slow
everything down, including turns. The timing for moves like spin
stalls (a tight loop into a snap stall) is very different.

With some kites, you will need to move the bridles down slightly with
a wind tamer in place. The tamer seems to tip the kite forward slightly.

Storm Front also uses tamers, often with our vented kites.
Additionally, we add weight to the kite when the wind comes up. The
weights are Beman 6.3 rods which slip neatly into the SkySkark rods...

--
Marty Sasaki            Harvard University           Sasaki Kite Fabrications

Return to Kite Fliers's Site