[Prev][Next][Index]

Stake flying...

Who ever it was that posted the original article about stake flying I must thank.
Yesterday I decided to try it for myself using a softish kite (6 ft flexi), big  mistake as it goes so damn fast. Anyway to cut a long story short I eventually
discovered that by putting one half twist in the lines brought back my brain to
hand communication - just like normal flying, pull to the right - goes right ....

After about half an hour the wind got up and so did the amount of people watching. Deciding to be a little more brave I moved closer to the kite and did several low level passes. Eventually my courage gave in and I ducked out of the way making the
kite do a sudden dip into my flying lines.

I lost a bit of my pride but my flexi is still intact.

Whats that saying ? don't run before you can walk !!

Colin H.

Return to Kite Fliers's Site